Friday, February 7, 2014

Redneck Wine Tasting

Since I've never had wine before, I decided to get a bottle of a sweet white and a bottle of sweet red, to see which one I liked. Put them in the fridge and promptly forgot they were there. Finally, after about a week, I opened them tonight. Really like the white, not so fond of the red. But maybe it will taste better with a meal instead of just me reading a book after the little one is in bed.

I post these from the internet browser on my cell, since I have choose to stay close to the little one, instead of having Big D or Double G take care of her if she wakes while I'm busy on the laptop rooms away.

Anyway, I decided to go really cheap (why spend $$$$ on a wine I might hate when I can spend $ and figure it out?) So I stopped by the upscale Aldi's and grabbed the bottles. The 'sweet' red really wasn't all that sweet and tasted kind of like what I imagine licking the bottom of a golf shoe might taste like. The sweet white, however, is much better. Sweet, fruity, and not at all dirty.

In the future, I'll probably use the red as a cooking wine or marinade for red meat, instead of a relaxing glass or two in the evening. The sweet white...well, let's just say I will be redneck and grab another bottle this weekend. And make plans to keep it on hand.

I used to drink beer when I went out, sometimes even mixed drinks. Drank a lot of shots too, got into trouble drinking too much. But I'm almost 30. I figure it is time to hang up the beer goggles, so to speak, and grow up. (that statement applies to way more than just drinking in my life, just so you know.)

Now I know which one I like better and how relaxing it really is to sit in a quiet room with a glass of wine and a good book after the little one is down for the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment